3.12.2011

50 Shelters - 50 States: Arkansas

So here we are again ... traveling the country (via the internet) state by state, looking for special dogs and cats to showcase, in hopes of finding them loving homes, or at the very least helping to drive home the point that some of the most wonderful companion animals anyone could ever want can easily be found in a city or county shelter anywhere in the US.  Since I'm conducting this tour in alphabetical, rather than geographical, order, my next stop after Arizona was Arkansas ...



As an aside, I have, as they say, "kin-folk" in Arkansas - an aunt, an uncle, two cousins I don't see nearly as often as I would like to, a cousin-in-law, a Lab-in-law, and two beautiful little second cousins.  As I'm always trying to convince my dog-loving Cousin B., who for some reason I can't fathom is currently dogless, to get a dog, I was particularly interested to see what dogs were available for adoption, and though I didn't find any I thought were calling his name, I did find this beauty:


Meet Gizelle!  Now, to be truthful, the first thing that caught my attention about this adult female lab mix called Gizelle was her name.  Phoebe, as some of you may know, was once upon a time a Gissel herself.  But then I looked closely at this girl, and just fell in love.  And who could blame me? She's a stunner! 

Gizelle, it seems, is a longtime resident of the Humane Society of Pulaski County near Little Rock.  According to her writeup, she's a staff and volunteer favorite, but so far has not been fortunate enough to find a forever home of her own.  Apparently, she loves to swim and is very athletic ... perhaps she is a future dock diving star just waiting to be discovered?  (Gizelle would like to be the only dog in her home.) Is there an athletic, water-loving person out there whose house can become Gizelle's loving home?  If so, please contact the shelter at 501-227-6166 or email them at info@warmhearts.org

More of a cat person?  Then you'll purr with joy when you see this handsome guy ...



Isn't he dreamy?  His name is Gabby.  He's an adult male medium-haired tuxedo cat, and he's currently living at the Sherwood Humane Animal Services  just waiting for a home.  Who wouldn't want to snuggle up with this hunky boy, I ask you?  If you have a loving home to offer Gabby, please contact them at
501-834-2287. 


Well, that's the last of the A's, and that's it till next time.  Next stop ... California.  So any of you Californians out there who want to recommend a shelter or even a specific animal to be featured, just send me a comment!





5 comments:

GreatGranny said...

Anyone would so blessed to have either of these precious pets. I hope they are adopted soon.

houndstooth said...

We have our paws crossed for Giselle and Gabby both! It's too bad Giselle has to be an only pup!

Bunny

Gigi said...

Oh that kitteh looks just like her Kitty Who Came Before named Clarkie! We hope he gets a good home really soon, and the woofie also.

A Cornish hen? Huh. Sounds good. How can I convince her to pick me up one a them??

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I hope Gizzele and Gabby find new homes soon

Trixie, Lily, and Sammy-Joe said...

What beautiful animals! They kind of match together, too, don't they! We hope some great people will notice them and want to take them home!

P.S. Today is the last day to enter and pick your prizes for our raffle to raise money for Apollo!