3.02.2011

All atwitter!

Hi, everybody!  It's the MP again - I know, you just can't get rid of me!  :)

I've just been made aware that we are one of the lucky (and very honored) recipients of Dog Foster Mom's featured blogs for March.  We love this particular blog, and especially enjoy following the story of Ziggy , a long term foster still looking for a home.  It therefore means a great deal to us that our blog is being recognized in this way by someone whose blog we so look forward to reading each day, and whose mission to make a difference in the lives of rescue dogs is something we so admire and that is so close to our hearts. 

The other lucky recipients of this honor were Kol's Notes , Rescued Insanity , At A Glacial Pace , and The Life & Times of Remington .

I must admit to feeling a bit smug about two of these honorees - as we are already loyal followers of Kolchak the Puggle of Kol's Notes and Kristine and Shiva of Rescued Insanity.  However, we were not familiar with the other two blogs and can't wait to check them out!  That's what I love about these types of awards, even if we don't win - it's a great way to be introduced to other great blogs.  It's still amazing to me how many of us are out there and how entertaining and creative everyone's blogs are.  In fact, I've discovered so many amazing ones that I've really had to limit myself to no more than an hour per day to read the posts - otherwise I look around with glazed, computer-weary eyes and realized that I've been sitting there for way too long!  To equate this to something I know many of you are familiar with, it's as though instead of tunnel suck, I have blog suck.  (For those of you who are not agility fans, tunnel suck is a term used to describe the phenomenon whereby dogs will be "sucked in" to the tunnel instead of taking whatever obstacle they should be taking, often due to handler error, or at least that's been my experience.  My mouth might be saying teeter, but my body is saying tunnel.)  Anyway ... as I've discovered, the blogosphere is a fine place to be, and I'm so glad to be here and be part of such a wonderful community of people.  I've been made to feel incredibly welcome by those of you who have been "in the neighborhood" longer than I have, and I hope I've passed it on, because I've certainly tried. 

To those of you following us, and I see today that there are a couple more of you than there were last time I looked, thanks for being here.  I frankly thought, and I've said this before, that I'd be blogging only for the benefit of myself, some family members, and close friends.  It literally never occurred to me that anyone else would care about my happy, much beloved, little crew of former misfits.  So to know that there are real actual live people out there not related to me or of my long and intimate acquaintance who are reading these words is pretty incredible.  So thanks!

OK, well, again, thanks very much to Dog Foster Mom for this honor - it means a great deal to us!

P.S.  For anyone who might be able to, and hasn't already, please consider checking out Dog Foster Mom's Blog and Chipping In to help send Ziggy to rehab.  $85 left to go, and the Chip In Event ends tomorrow!  Go, Ziggy!  We love you!



7 comments:

Elaine Pritchard said...

Congratulations on your award. Very well-deserved. And I shall be checking out dog foster mom's blog straight away.

Love and licks Winnie

GreatGranny said...

Before reading your post, I'd like to give you the Awesome Blog Award.I haven't blogged about it yet, but I'd love to see you have this if you'll just accept it. I've only just started recently and haven't related 7 things yet. Please come to our blog and pick it up.

GreatGranny said...

Congratulations on your much deserved award. Tucker, we love reading your posts.
Kassey and her Mom

Tucker The Crestie said...

Wow, thanks so much.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Yes the "blogosphere IS a GREAT place to be!"

The Daily Pip said...

Very cool, congratulations!

Your pal, Pip

OKcats said...

Concats on being a featured blog! We know that we just love your blog (when our mom is around to help us read it!)!! We've sure missed keeping up with everyone, but our mom hasn't been very helpful. But we had to stop by and say hi!!!