11.03.2010

Cue the flying monkeys!

Well, friends, it's been brought to my attention that I've been somewhat remiss ...

There is still one of my siblings you haven't been properly introduced to ... even though I did post a picture of her the other day.  That sibling, of course, is my canine sister, Phoebe. 

Phoebe joined our family back in early 2008, soon after my big brother, Dakotah, had gone to heaven.  We were all really sad, especially Mom and me.  Dakotah had been with Mom for sixteen years and he'd been my big brother for five years and I loved him a lot. We hadn't planned on adding to our family, especially not so soon after Dakotah left us, but it wasn't long before Mom decided that we could all use someone new to love, even though that someone could never take Dakotah's place. 

Phoebe had been in a shelter down in Miami, and a wonderful rescue group here in Tampa, called Heidi's Legacy  pulled her out of there  She needed a good home, and so Mom & I talked it over and decided ours was the perfect one. 

It was a great decision, and Phoebe has added a lot to our family.  We're super close and do just about everything together.  Mom calls her The Flying Monkey for two reasons.  Number one - she will jump from anywhere and expect Mom to catch her - she can jump really far - so far that it sometimes looks like she's flying. And also, she's part Brussels Griffon (her other part is Yorkie) and they are known as the monkey faced dogs.  Grandma says she looks sort of like the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz.  I don't know about that - but anyway, here she is:


I don't know - I don't think she looks scary like those monkeys in the Wizard of Oz.  Actually, I think she's pretty cute.  What do you think?

No comments: