So ... time to take care of some unfinished business. In order to be able to accept Trixie, Lily, and Sammy Joe's much-appreciated Stylish Blogger Award, we have some things we need to do (actually we tried to do this last night but Blogger was acting funky):
1) Link to the blog who gave you the award. We actually already did that, but just for good measure, Trixie, Lily, and Sammy Joe is a great blog about two adorable dogs and one adorable cat. Mom spends an awful lot of time looking at their pictures and saying "awww." (I gotta admit, they're all pretty cute!)
2) Tell seven things about yourself that the people out in Blog Land might not know. Ok, here goes. I'm going to include three things about me, and one each about Olivia, Tanner, Phoebe, and Finn. I get more because, yes, that's right ... IT'S MY BLOG! Ok, here we go:
- My middle name is Benjamin. (I don't know why we all have first and middle names around here, but we do. Mom says it's just how we roll. For the record, though, I think Mom has only had to use my middle name maybe once in seven years. That's not too bad, I don't think.) I also have a bunch of nicknames, but some of them are really humiliating, so I won't mention what they are.
- I weigh 15.2 pounds.
- My very favorite food in the world is Mc Donald's french fries. (Obviously I don't get to have too many of them, but they sure are yummy.)
- Olivia's middle name is Catherine. She won't let me say what she weighs, not because she's fat but because she says a lady never discusses such things. Whatever ...
- Tanner's middle name is Griffin. Oh, yeah, this is kinda cool. Tanner's cat mom and Olivia's cat mom were sisters. So they are biological cousins as well as adoptive brother and sister. Also, our aunt J. has Tanner's half sister, Lexie, from a previous litter. (It took Mom awhile to get the feral cat population under control at her office.) She's a calico like Olivia, but with not as much white.
- February 2nd is going to be Phoebe's third Gotcha Day. I've already seen some of her presents. Coincidentally, since we don't know exactly when I was born, we celebrate MY birthday on February 1st. I'll be turning eight years old. I haven't seen any of MY presents, but I hope I am getting some good stuff.
- Finn loves mushrooms. Specifically the mushrooms that come on Mom's favorite veggie pizza. Actually, we have discovered that, probably due to the fact that he had to scavenge for food as a baby, Finn will eat just about anything that isn't nailed down, so we have to be really careful about what we leave out in case he would get into and eat something that could hurt him, like chocolate or sugarless gum.
3) We have to pass the award along to seven blogs we think are stylish.
- William of Mass Destruction (Around here, we love William! We love Caroline! We love Russell! And we even love Olivia and Gracie, though we don't get to hear from them very often. And we think their custom made cat tree is the epitome of stylishness!)
- The Furry Kids (Two words: FROOT BATS! Need we say more?)
- The OK Cats (Otherwise known as Fuzzy & Zoe. Fuzzy is orange and fuzzy. Zoe is gray and shorthaired. They are lovely lady cats. Check them out!)
- Tales and Tails (If you are a greyhound fan, you probably already know these girls - they have a lot of followers. Tales and Tails is a blog written partly by the human mom of Lilac, Blueberry, and Bunny (all greyhounds) and their German Shepherd sister, Morgan. The rest of the time, Bunny herself writes the blog, and does a fantastic job. We also love their photos - though heaven knows it's tough to take a bad picture of a greyhound. They're just too gorgeous for their own good!)
- Spitty Speaks (If bada$$ is a style, then Spitty's got style in spades. Curmudgeon though he might be, we just love Spitty. He's a gorgeous hunk of a longhaired black mancat, and one of Finn's idols.)
- The Feral Cat Rescue Project (As we have three former ferals here, we are partial to this blog, as it shines a light on the lives of feral cats.)
- Two Pitties in the City (We love Miss M. and Mr. B. - two gorgeous pitties living in Chicago. Having never even visited Chicago, it is great to get an inside look at what it's like to live there, and sometimes the posts are almost like travelogues - as we get to accompany Miss M., Mr. B, their mom A., and Dad E. on their jaunts around the city.)
PHEW! That was really hard! Hard to stop at seven, I mean! There were so many others we wanted to acknowledge.
Oops - there was one more thing we need to do - leave a comment on the chosen blogs to let them know about their award! Off to do that right now.
Thanks again to Trixie, Lily, and Sammy Joe for the award. We're so honored!