Hi, everybody! It's me ... Finn!
Recently, I was telling Tucker that I had counted up all the posts and I had the fewest of any us kids! Which I don't think is really fair! Ok, so I am the baby, but I don't think that's any reason to cheat me out of my turn on the blog. I have things I want to say, too, after all! And Tucker agreed, so even though he had some things HE wanted to say himself, he said that I could have today's post.
So here's what I wanted to say:
1) I haven't exactly counted them up ... but I know it's not that many days till my first birthday. Mom doesn't know the exact date because I was born feral, and I was too little to remember, but Mom picked a date for me that was her and Dr. G's best guess, and that is when we're going to celebrate. So very soon I will be one year old!
2) The dogs think they're so important because they get to go to work! Well, here's something you don't know - ALL THREE of us cats have been to work with Mom, too. In fact, we were either born at her office (Olivia & Tanner) or wandered there (me) as young kittens. Mom's office was our first experience with being indoors and around people. Of the three of us, though, I have spent the most time there, because Mom's boss let me live in the bathroom for two whole weeks. The first week was right after I got trapped in the big scary cage and then the next week was right after I went to the weird lady's house when Mom tried to escape the destiny that brought us together and give me to some other person! Can you believe that?!!!!!!!!!! What else could I do but hide under the bed until Mom came to get me? And then even after Mom realized we were meant to be together and brought me home to live, she would bring me to work with her every day for about three months, just because she thought I needed the socialization around other people since I'd been such a scaredy-cat. And I have to admit, it was a really fun place to explore, and it was great having Mom to myself all day (when she wasn't working). But anyway, the point is - cats can work too! (But mostly we don't want to. Me, I don't mind working, I just hate the commute!)
3) My real name isn't Finn. Well, it is, but Finn isn't my first name, it's my middle name. My first name is Samuel. Mom thought Finn was a good name for me, but she couldn't think of a good middle name to go with it, so she named me Samuel Finn and decided to call me Finn.
4) Mom almost named me something else altogether. My name was almost Kieran. Mom thought it would be fitting, since she is Irish, and also because Kieran means "little dark one." Which certainly fit. In the end, though, I had to explain to her (through mental telepathy, which is really hard, by the way), that Kieran is a nice name, but it just wasn't MY name. MY name is Finn!
5) Mom is constantly saying how hard it is to get good pictures of me because I'm black. I don't see what that has to do with anything, and also, I think these pictures she took of me the other day came out pretty nice. (Mom isn't the best photographer in the world, so it's just lucky that she didn't cut off my head!)
I call this series of photos Black Cat in Sepia. Enjoy!
|These are my mental telepathy eyes. Can you tell what I'm thinking right now?|
|This one is sort of fuzzy ... but I think it just adds to my mystery!|
|Modeling is hard work!|
|Ah, this is the life!|