12.15.2010

Identity crisis? Nah!

Dear Friends,

You may not know this, but when Mom & I first got together, she was under the impression I was some sort of mixed breed.  Which was just fine with her, as she has had mostly mixed breed dogs in her lifetime, and loved them a great deal.  Now, I always knew that I was a Chinese Crested, but it wasn't until I was taking the test to be a Canine Good Citizen that Mom clued in.  The evaluator told her I was a Powderpuff Chinese Crested.  So Mom immediately set out to contact a bunch of Chinese Crested breeders, sent them some photos of yours truly, and asked their opinion.  All of them unanimously replied that I was, indeed, a Crested of the Powderpuff persuasion.  Mom, once she'd done a little research, thought maybe I was more of a hairy hairless than a Powderpuff, but she figured it really didn't matter.

Well, anyway, today I met a great lady who is a neighbor of ours in the new office where we go to work, and her mother breeds Cresties.  And SHE said that I am definitely a hairy hairless. I don't really care one way or the other, but I'm definitely NOT going to change the subtitle of my blog!  Mom says she doesn't care either, because no matter what breed I am, to her I am one thing and one thing only .... and that is the VERY BEST DOG IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!

And who am I to argue with that? 


Powderpuff?  Hairy hairless?  Who cares!!!!

What's really important is enjoying a tasty treat!  (I love Zuke's Naturals!)

Look at this face!  Is it any wonder Mom loves me so much?
Well, gotta get back to work ...

4 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Awwww you are a beautiful, unique and utterly adorable and completely irresistable sweet doggie!! :-)

And me and Charlie are so glad to have met you! Take care
x

The Daily Pip said...

Well, I don't know much about either breed, but you are adorable and a great friend and that's all that matters.

Your pal, Pip

Kristin G. said...

Most important, you're very cute, and you landed yourself a good home. Make sure you give your mom a big, sloppy kiss for that. :)

houndstooth said...

Whatever they call you, I say you're adorable!

Bunny