12.19.2010

Part One: An Epic Battle - Part Two: Here Spitty, Spitty, Spitty!

Good morning, all ...

It's a gray, rainy Sunday here in Tampa today, and though yesterday it was warm enough to go naked, today Phoebe and I had to put T-shirts on again.  Yep, you know what they say - if you don't like the weather in Florida, wait five minutes.  Last night Mom almost flipped the AC on before bed, because she likes to be a little bit cool when she sleeps, (of course that might have something to do with the fact that between the five of us she basically has fifty some odd pounds of fur arranged in various poses snuggled up next to her in the bed, or in some cases right on top of her - in fact, it was only three or four mornings ago that she woke up not able to breathe very well, and it was only when she fully woke up that she realized that the reason she couldn't breathe was because she had fourteen plus pounds of striped man-cat by the name of Tanner draped across the top of her head) and then this morning we wake up and we're shivering again.  And according to the guy who lives in the box in the living room armoire, it will once again be sweater weather by the time the sun goes down!  Oh, well - I've got plenty of warm duds and Mom and the other kids to cuddle up with if I get cold, so I guess I'll be fine!

In any case, from the comments I was perusing last night in response to the Mom person's inaugural post on what is still MY blog, (just in case anyone is wondering), it appears that we may be gearing up to have one of the epic battles such as that of the Pekes and the Pollicles ...except that it will be Phoebe and me vs. the cat kids battling for supremacy over what is ... yes ... I'll say it again ... STILL MY BLOG! 

For you see, friends - facing one another across that epic species divide that separates the Ruffs from the Meows, we have the dog followers and the cat followers, and each camp appears equally determined that their side will win.  Me, I'm not much of a fighter, and plus, I have a lot of other things going on besides tending to .... let's all say it together, shall we? ... MY BLOG!  Furthermore, although our two species have been relentlessly pitted against one another throughout history, Phoebe and I really love our feline sibs, and they love us.  In fact, Olivia has told me more than once that she prefers our company to that of the two boy cats.  (They play rather rough, you see, which fact Her Diva-ness does not in the least appreciate!)  And so, though I have begun this post, I will allow my sweet sis, Olivia, to finish it.  After all, if she wants to behave like a shameless harlot flirt a little bit with a certain long-haired black cat on the opposite coast then it's certainly none of MY business!

Ok, that's it for me ... Spitty, my friend, let me officially introduce you to my sister Slutty Olivia ...

................................................................................................................................

Ahem!  I'm back.  Olivia, it seems, has had an attack of the vapors now that the time for the much-anticipated introduction has finally arrived.  She's been so overcome, in fact, that she's had to meow for her smelling salts and retreat to the top of her cat tree for a restorative cat nap.  She did, however, ask me to post a few pictures for her. 


Why hello, Spitty, you handsome man-cat, you!

Goodness ... that was rather forward ... perhaps I should give the illusion of being abashed by my flirtatious behavior ...

In fact, I think I'll pretend that I am thinking about something else entirely ...

Like giving the sisal on my cat tree a good scratch ...

Don't I look demure? 

I'm so shy, in fact, that I can't even look at the camera ...
Such a well-bred young lady cat ...
But come a little closer and I'll give you a nice kiss!
 Ok, it's me (Tucker) again ... and can I just say ... EW GROSS!!!!  This has been a shameless display of flirting by my baby sister, and the fact that I've had to not just witness it, but participate in it, has me blushing like a Pharoah Hound

In fact, I think I might have to hurl!  Bye, everybody!

7 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

your post had me in stitches!!! shame on you calling Olivia that name! (MOL!!) she is just a healthy girl looking for a handsome mancat and I must say that Spitty is one handsome mancat!

Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

Old Kitty said...

Awww Tucker - you are so adorable and so funny!! Your sweet sister Olivia is smitten!!!

And she's so cute too! Take care
x

houndstooth said...

BOL! I have a feeling a cat named Spitty just rolled off a cat perch somewhere and didn't land on his feet after that bit of flirtation!

Bunny

The Daily Pip said...

This is hysterical!!!! I do know it is a balancing act with the cats and dogs. My blog is my blog, but Rosie insists on making appearances now and then. And people seem to like her so I LET her pop in from time to time, but for the record it is and always will be MY BLOG.

Your pal, Pip

Gigi said...

Olivia! Or should I say, "O-lovey-a"? My, you are a bee-yoo-ti-full Ladycat and Spitty is enchanted! Yeah, those woofies are okay I guess, but after a glimpse of you, who really cares about Tooken and Philbert or whoever.

Write again soon, sweet girl! Flirting makes my little kitty heart happy!

Kristine said...

Olivia is just a sweetheart; she can't help it if flirting comes naturally. :-)

Too funny!

Purrfect Haven said...

Hello, thanks for visiting us... lovely to hear from you... your blog is super. Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xx