Happy Howl-O-Ween!

Happy Howl-O-Ween everyone!  I sure hope your day has been better than mine.  Mom left us alone for the second day in a row, and the worst part is that both days she went down to the Hyde Park Village Art Fair and DID NOT TAKE ME even though she KNOWS that I like to go there!  We go every year and I love it.  Plenty of people to meet and greet, lots of yummy smells ... even the occasional morsel of kettle corn dropped on the ground by the little humans.  But this year ... nothing!  No meeting and greeting ... no yummy smells ... no tasty morsels of food dropped by small, sticky hands.  Just two solid days of cooling my heels in the house babysitting the other kids. 

Mom did bring Phoebe and me new Halloween collars from our favorite local shop, Downtown Dogs.  She wanted to take our pictures wearing them.  Phoebe was going to let her, but I said no!  So you'll have to wait till next year to see the collars, I guess.  Because I am in no mood for a photo shoot tonight!  So thanks for the spiffy collar, Mom, but you'll have to do better than that if you want me to forgive you for this!   Happy Halloween, indeed!

I'm not even in the mood to greet the trick-or-treaters, but one thing I still need to do today is introduce you to the next of my siblings.  It really should be Phoebe's turn, but Finn, my youngest cat brother (really a kitten still) is all black, so I thought since I didn't have a picture of Phoebe and me in our new Halloween collars to post, Finn could be our theme photo of the day.  So sorry, Pheebs - but I'll make it up to you tomorrow, I promise.

Finn has only been with us about five months now - he was another feral kitten who showed up at Mom's office.  Poor little kid was starving and sick, but it still took Mom a few days to catch him, and when she did she tried to find him a home.  She posted flyers all over, and even an ad on Craigslist.  One lady called and said she wanted him, so Mom took him to her house and dropped him off, but then the next day the lady called Mom and said she couldn't keep him, so Mom went back and picked him up. By this time, Dr. G., our vet who helps Mom keep us healthy, had seen him and said he wasn't contagious or anything, so after a few days in the sunroom to help him get his bearings and let Olivia & Tanner sniff him through the door, he officially joined our family.  Mom kept trying to find a home for him for awhile, but she never got any more calls, so he has stayed here, and I'm glad. He's a good kid and doesn't cause too many problems, and he and Tanner like to wrestle which is good for Olivia since Tanner always wanted her to wrestle with him and she didn't want to.  Anyway - here's a picture of Finn - it's his first photo when he was very first captured and was really scared.  Mom says she needs to transfer some of the more current pictures of him from her camera to her computer, but she left the little connecty-cord thingy at her office, so this one will have to do:

Here's Finn!  Welcome to the family, buddy! 

No comments: