10.30.2010

And there isn't any need for you to shout it ...

Hey, everyone!  Tanner the Tabby here.  And the title of my inaugural post tonight is a line from a song Mom sings to me sometimes.  It's the Rum Tum Tugger song from CATS ... which apparently is a Broadway show where people dress up in cat suits and sing and dance on stage.  Which is weird if you ask me.  You don't see cats dressing up in human suits, do you?  Well, of course not.  Because no self-respecting cat would do such a thing.  I guess the difference is that it's much cooler to be a cat than to be a human.  Though I do have to give props to T.S. Eliot - that guy knew his felines.  Anyway, Rum Tum Tugger, as I'm sure all of you know, is the rock & roll cat, and by far the coolest cat of the entire cast, even if in the musical version it's some lame human dressed up in a cat suit.  Nonetheless, I do fancy myself something of a rock star - I mean, you should see how all the girls at the vet's office swoon over me.  It's really pretty embarrassing, actually.  Though I am rather handsome if I do say so ... Mom calls me her man-cat candy.  Which, I must say, sometimes makes me a little nervous.  Because what if one day she actually decided to eat me?!!!!!  But no, she wouldn't do that, I don't think.  Anyway, earlier today Mom was singing my song to me, and of course she always changes the name from Rum Tum Tugger to the Tan Tan Tanner.  Which is sort of silly, but not any sillier than Rum Tum Tugger, I guess.

Well, I guess that's it for now.  It's sure nice that my big brother, Tucker, had the idea to start this blog.  I look forward to getting to know all of you.  But I sure wish I could see you better.  Maybe if I get really close to the computer ... like this:

I don't know ... I can't see you.  Can you see me?

No comments: