5.01.2012

Olivia's Opinions - # Who Knows in an Ongoing Series

Hi, everyone - it's me, Olivia!  And my Opinion for today is that since it has been THIRTY THREE WHOLE DAYS since I last got to post, I am going to post a BUNCH of pictures today, because really - who knows WHEN I will get another chance!!!!  What with my mom constantly putting things like work and socializing with friends before blogging, and all my siblings stealing my thunder, it's a wonder I get any blog time at all, and frankly, that is just NOT acceptable!  

And so ...

Lately, one of the things Mom has been obsessed with is her new friend, Pic Monkey.  It's a photo editing site that replaced Picnik, and while Mom was sad to say goodbye to Picnik, she is really loving Pic Monkey!  It can take just about any photo and make it better, which for Mom is good, because even though thanks to her photography class, she now at least knows how to hold her camera correctly, I'm not gonna lie to you ... Mom is no Ansel Adams.  

Now, take the photo below for instance.  It's - well, this is probably a poor example, because this is a STUNNING photograph.  Then again, it IS of me!  Mom took this photo several months ago - (you can see I'm not wearing my new blue leather collar with the rhinestones) but it's always been one of her favorites.  No arguments from this corner. 



But see how this same photo is improved with our new pal Pic Monkey's help!  With a quick adjustment to the sharpness and clarity, my eyes look even more jewel-like than they did in the previous photo, and you can see more of the detail in my beautiful calico furs! 
 


This one has the Orton effect on it.  Don't I look dreamy?


This one is cross-processed with blue.  


While this one is cross-processed red ... I like how it makes my eyes look gold and makes my red calico furs really pop!  


This one is the HDR look ...  


And this one is daguerreotype.  See how old-timey I look?


Mom says she can't quite decide which one of these looks is her favorite.  I say they all look fabulous.  Which one is your favorite?



9 comments:

tubby3pug said...

I really like the HDR look. I wish I was good with photo effects, sigh. I am baffled by all the programs

urban hounds

Ivan from WMD said...

Actually, I think you're just dreamy in the original photo!

bichonpawz said...

We like the Orton and the HDR looks...although it's hard to take a bad picture of a fabulous subject!!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Olivia, it is really so hard to pick a favorite - they are all beautiful. The original by itself was phenomenal. PicMonkey looks like a lot of fun.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

houndstooth said...

My favorite is the Orton effect! I think all of them are pretty neat, though. Mom hasn't tried Pic Monkey, but she's addicted to Lightroom! BOL!

Bunny

Old Kitty said...

Me and Charlie love love love the first two!!! You are supremely gorgeous Olivia! Yay! Take care
x

CATachresis said...

We like the first two!!

I've been trying out picmonkey since the demise of Picnik and find it is much more user friendly!

Katie Isabella said...

You are beautifuls no matter which but me and mommy love the ast one best!

Bassetmomma said...

Oooo....I like the old-timey one!