3.22.2012

Faces of Phoebe

Mirror mirror on the wall  who's the cutest Flying Monkey of them all?


PHOEBE! 

Happy Thursday, everyone!  MP here, to, hopefully, bring a smile to your day with a few photos of one of the funniest dogs I've ever known or lived with - my own Phoebe!  I often refer to Phoebe, both on this blog and elsewhere, as my little monkey-faced court jester.  She came into my life shortly after I said goodbye to my beautiful Dakotah after sixteen wonderful years together.  Needless to say, I have rarely been sadder, or more in need of a source of levity than I was then. Phoebe was just the medicine I needed, and scarcely a day has passed since then (she's now been with me a little over four years) that she hasn't made me laugh at least once.  Part of this is to do with her incredibly expressive face. I swear some of her expressions are almost human at times, and often all it takes to crack me up is just to look over at her and see her funny little face staring back at me.

And so, I give you ... the faces of Phoebe. 

This face means: I REALLY want that piece of string cheese you're holding! 


While this would be her "I am officially ignoring you."expression.


And this would be her "I know I am not supposed to be up here on Aunt M.'s chair like this, but I am SO comfy, and don't you think the fabric makes a nice backdrop for my furs?"face.


This face, though - is one she pulls often - and the sentiment behind it is generally one of disapproval, outright disdain, or extreme skepticism.  In this case, however, it means "My nap is a lot more important than you taking my picture for the fifty-thousandth time, so why don't you make like an egg and  beat it!"


Happy "Faces of Phoebe" day to all of you!  And remember - if you haven't already entered our Orijen giveaway, compliments of MrChewy.com - you can do so HERE!  And may the odds be ever in your favor! 


10 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Me and Charlie love the many beautiful faces of Phoebe!! They all make us go "Awwww - tooo cute!!"!! Yay! Take care
x

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

A beautiful pup

tubby3pug said...

Phoebe is just precious and I love the story of how she came into your life

Urban Hounds

Katie Isabella said...

Once again, you have made my mommy smile so big! xoxoxoxo

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Phoebe, you are a cutie pie!

Hap-Pee Thursday!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We all think Phoebe is just adorable and are so happy she is there with you to make you smile. Our favorite pic is the one of her on that lovely chair - her expression is priceless.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Oui Oui said...

Aw, Phoebe is too cute and sweet to be compared with those horrid flying monkeys! We can see how she'd make you smile or laugh. What a doll!

Gigi said...

What do you mean you are not allowed up on that chair? If that chair is in YOUR house, it is YOUR chair!

Two Kitties One Pittie said...

So cute! Thanks for making us smile! :)

Bassetmomma said...

Phoebe's many faces are all adorable!!