10.29.2010

TGIF!

TGIF, friends!

I was so excited when I woke up today ... even more than usual, because honestly, most days I wake up pretty happy. After all, what's not to be happy about? Life is great!  Especially since my early life was not so great ... I used to be homeless.  Anyway, more about that later. 

Want to see what my hair usually looks like when I first wake up? 

Well, it's something like this ...



But I digress!  So I woke up feeling particularly happy, and couldn't remember why at first ... and then I remembered!  MY BLOG!

Naturally, I wanted to post my next entry right away, but I couldn't, because as I mentioned yesterday, I'm a working dog.  Mom's company lets her bring me to work basically whenever she wants ... which is just about every day because HELLO ... why WOULDN'T she want me with her?  Silly question ... because she wants me with her all the time!!!  But sometimes I can't come - like when clients come to the office for things called meetings, which according to Mom is when people do a lot of talking, but not much listening, and not a whole lot of anything ever gets decided.  Meetings sound like something I'd just as soon skip, but it's still sort of a shame, because those meetings are usually held over catered lunches, and I dearly love the opportunity to snag a nibble of something yummy.  Also, Phoebe (my dog sis) and I sometimes go to work with Mom together, but usually we take turns, and today was my turn. 

So after I gave Mom a kiss good morning (because she says she can't start her day off right without a kiss from her best boy), and wiped the sleep from my eyes, I had to hurry up outside, "do my business" (I think you know what I mean), patrol the yard, take my medicine, and then hurry in to work. 

With all that going on, this is the first chance I've had to post my second entry.  And I'm very excited about that, because I get to introduce you to my cat sis, Olivia.  Olivia was my only sister until two years ago, when Phoebe (the aforementioned dog sis) joined our family after my big bro, Dakotah, went to heaven.  Anyway, Livvy was only four weeks old and recently orphaned from her cat mom when she joined our family, and she was my first chance to be a big brother, so I understandably took that job very seriously.  I cuddled up with her for naps, played with her (very gently, as she was super tiny when she was a baby), and washed her face and behind her ears for her.  We still play, and we still curl up together, and sometimes I even still wash her face and ears for her.  I think she appreciates that because she always purrs ... and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that I am her favorite brother.  Anyway, without further ado, here's Olivia ...


Here she is - Olivia!  And if you look closely you can see a picture of me next to my big bro, Dakotah, in the background.

So whaddya think?  She's pretty, huh?  (But don't tell her I think so ... she already has a pretty inflated opinion of herself, and I wouldn't want her head to actually EXPLODE!)

No comments: