1.08.2013

Olivia - living life on her own terms

This past Saturday, I had to take Tanner in to see Dr. C. for his follow-up appointment.  (He is doing well and will be going to visit our holistic vet, Dr. L., very soon.  Then, as I think two heads are better than one, I'll be conversing via conference call with both vets to see if we can agree on a course of action going forward so that hopefully we never have a similar incident, as neither my nerves nor my checking account balance can readily withstand it!) 


Anyway, as Dr. C. and I were chatting at the end of the appointment, he asked me whether Olivia and Finn had given Tanner a hard time when he came home from the hospital.  I said that in fact they had, but that Finn had gotten over it in about five minutes while for Olivia it took more like five days.  

Then again, I said, she is a calico.  Dr. C. chuckled, and said, "Yes, well, they do live life on their own terms."  Gee, Doc.  Tell me something I DON'T know.  The last eight years with Olivia have been a lesson in exactly that.  There is Olivia's way, or the proverbial highway, and something that a normal cat would not even blink at sends Her Royal Caliconess into a tailspin. 



But look at that face .. I guess it's worth it! 

14 comments:

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

BOL...Yes...it is worth every minute of every day!

I have a new pack sister who was adopted a few days before Christmas. She's a Crestie too!

Remington said...

Yes it is worth it!

Unknown said...

We agree with Remington.....because she's worth it. Have a terrific Tuesday.
Best wishes Molly

CAB said...

We Calicos have every right to own the world, it is ours after all..

-- Calypso

Two Pitties in the City said...

That face! She looks so smug.

Ruby said...

Oh, that IS a very cute face!! Who could resist that??
Kisses,
Ruby

Bocci said...

She does look smug...and smart!

Two Kitties One Pittie said...

HA! Don't I know it!!! I swear, Olivia and Stella are soul sisters. :)

Sadie Shih Tzu said...

Totally worth it. And what an ADORABLE little kitty face that is.

tubby3pug said...

Definitely she is worth it. So glad Tanner is doing better

urban hounds

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brenda said...

Oh what a face! But what happened to Tanner? I have been away from the blogosphere, taking a break. Sounds like I have some catching up to do. Whatever happened, I'm glad things are better.

And that "Anonymous" spammer who commented before me - that spammer is such a nuisance!! I've gotten one a day from Anonymous for months now it seems, sometimes 3 or 4 a day. Wish blogger could block it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dog groomer new york said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.